July 2, 2012

The Value of Not Creating

I'd been feeling down lately because I've not been well enough to sew.  Then I remembered that I have plenty of clothes, which is why I took a break from sewing to begin with.  I just read The Slapdash Sewist's post about shopping as the American pastime.  She's so right!  Whether we're aware of it or not, America exists to consume.

I'm feeling much better about myself now.  I'd love to have the energy on a regular basis to wear dresses and cute outfits, but I feel like I'm doing pretty well.  Moreover, I'm doing my best.  And that's all anyone can ask, even of themselves :)

*This post continues in Part 2, trying to balance creative hobbies in a society of excess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thanks for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...