May 9, 2013

I Made Yarn!

I've been doing some spinning, and I think finally getting the hang of it.  Spinning is one of those physical skills where your body takes over and your brain just hangs out, half paying attention.  Initially it's more tear your hair out frustrating, but eventually it starts to click.

I played with wool, trying different thicknesses and methods of spinning.  I started with two large bunches of natural Jacob roving, plus some Finn and Wensleydale top.  I honestly don't know quite what to do with this yarn, besides knit cat toys.  But here are the results:

Left and above: My first 2-ply; Right: One ball from 3 sheep

All the balls and hanks I've spun so far.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thanks for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...