June 2, 2018

Here's to not failing!

I've been feeling better--spontaneous partial remission if you're fancy--and have been taking full advantage of that. I started a tenants union in my building, which has been scary and daunting and lots of work. But also very rewarding. I realized tonight that I had a realistic expectation of failure. But instead of petering out due to my poor health and neighbors' lack of interest, it's actually happening!

A local news article about the Seattle Housing Authority's shady evictions has brought some positive attention. There's a huge conversation about housing in Seattle right now. I think we may be able to create meaningful change, including among the poorest and most vulnerable tenants. It feels really good to have a job again.


1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear that you are feeling better and hooray for community organizing. You go, grrrl!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thanks for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...