Underneath the hoodie is a dress I'm working on--please ignore the red zipper.
The fabric had interesting selvedges so I cut the hood on the selvedge. I also sewed on selvedge strips for the front bands. The fuzzy edges were turned back and topstitched. I didn't have a zipper for this so left off closures.
Many of the interior seams were serged. The hems were double topstitched with my sewing machine.
The finish work isn't great. I had some serger troubles, which a good oiling seems to have fixed, but it looks pretty good from the outside. I'm pleased with how most of the stripes matched up. The fronts match up perfectly, they're just misaligned in the photos.
|Inside front band (eek!)|