June 15, 2011

Quilt Update

Quilt top in daylight

I have done no sewing.  Instead I bought and assembled a bunch of new furniture: a couch and two bookcases.  Last year I got a new apartment, now I finally I have furnishings that work in it :)

I did buy backing fabric for the quilt since my intended backing fabric was too narrow.  It's cobalt blue cotton, yum!  I need to wash and dry the fabric, then layer and pin baste the quilt, then quilt it.  Because I decided on poly batting, which isn't opaque, I am lining the quilt top with muslin.  Otherwise the white squares will look slightly blue.  So the whole project is much more complicated than originally intended.


Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thanks for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...