July 1, 2011

Quilting Oops

What happens when you're practicing free-motion quilting then switch to straight lines?  If you're me and forget to dial down the tension, this:

Back of quilt, white is top thread


I was even feeling proud of myself for remembering to put the feed dogs back up, lol.  At least it was easy to rip out, and shows the quilting lines very well.


Toward the end the bobbin thread broke but the top thread kept looping underneath.  

It's a lovely day today so I may sit at my machine, in front of the window, and quilt later.  But first to run some errands.

1 comment:

  1. This is why i don't get involved in quilting! Heh. I'm glad it was at least easy to rip out.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thanks for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...