August 28, 2011

Knits and Wovens

I've been working on a woven top for a while and today (well, yesterday now) completely changed the plan.  I decided I don't like the lace trim for it.  I think I'll use bias strips for the neckline, from the same muslin.  This top has been a lot of work to fit since it's my first raglan project.  The lace will be used for a sleeveless top, or as a waistband, something.

I realized that I rarely wear woven tops lately because most of my trips out are to PT.  And for PT I now need a top that can be pulled over my biceps.  None of my woven tops do this.  It's strange to realize how much this one thing impacts how I dress.  I also have a long torso and RTW wovens rarely fit well, whereas knits aren't a problem.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thanks for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...