September 3, 2011

1st Blogiversary

On Sept 3, 2010 I started this blog and it's lasted a whole year, so far.  I think that deserves a celebration!  Thank you to everyone who reads what I write: I appreciate every one of you!  You give this blog purpose.

Looking back on the year's photos I see sewing projects started, finished, and still in progress.  Knitted lace for people I love.  There are parties with friends, visits with family, enjoyable days to myself.  A fantastic free pattern haul, beautiful fabrics I'm excited to sew with, and decorating my home.  

I just wish I had more energy to work on more of the projects that pile up in my notebooks.  Perhaps the coming year will allow me more time and focus.  I'm embracing hand sewing since I can relax in a comfy chair rather than sitting at the machine.  An autumn leaf quilt that's an ongoing project might get its borders quilted, binding on, then gradually hand quilted over the autumn and winter.


Fittingly, Blogger pointed out their updated interface so I'm posting with it.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Summer, congratulations on your one year anniversary. Isn't it amazing how the act/art of blogging can help us to focus on something other than our problems and redirect our energy to positive endeavors. Hope you are well this day and best of luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @celkalee
    Thank you Corinne. I really like being able to share what I'm working on with people who understand me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your one year! I randomly noticed that I am nearing 400 posts on mine, maybe I should have a blog party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! A blog party sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thanks for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...