September 13, 2011

Progress

I have a migraine today, but in the past couple weeks I've accomplished quite a few little jobs.
Simplicity 2936

The S2936 raglan blouse is coming along, it just needs the neckline and sleeves hemmed.  I had to do some piecing to create the hem facing on part of the short sleeves, basted the bias neckline facing down, sewed the hem, and trimmed seam allowances.  I played with decorative stitches for the neckline but decided to run light blue perle cotton through topstitching.  I did the same thing on a pair of shorts and really like the effect.

I sewed a satin and lace lingerie holder for a friend's wedding gift.  I so enjoy making things for appreciate people :)

A secondhand linen skirt had a worn patch so I rewove it with matching sewing thread.  It turned out pretty well; though not invisible it's much sturdier now.

I've been knitting a raglan cardi, which looks like it'll be finished just in time for our summer to be completely over.  There's always next year, and it may work over a long sleeve tee.

I wish I had more energy to make some new undies, at least.  I've had less pain, thankfully!  Made it to knit group the last couple weeks and sew friends over the weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thanks for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...