November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I had a lovely day yesterday, spent with my 2 favorite people.  My Handsome Man was here all day, just hanging out together--a rare treat.  My mom stopped by on the way to the big family dinner and brought food.  With what I made we had an amazing assortment of tasty things :)

Dinner was roast chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, spicy roast squash, fancy green salad, and pie for dessert.  I set the table with an heirloom crocheted tablecloth and ruby glass dishes, hemstitched napkins and of course candles.  It was beautiful.  Earlier we munched on ham, puff pastry and cheese bites and mashed potatoes as dinner cooked.  My guy did the dishes while I got to relax :)

I was very thankful to spend the day with people I love, in a warm and safe home.  I didn't get a whopping migraine (that was Wed night) so hooray!  It was a nice, relaxing day spent watching the snow melt, petting the lap cat and enjoying each others' company.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thanks for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...