January 19, 2011

Lining Stretch Wovens

I've cut and interfaced the pieces for a stretch faux suede jacket (in 2007 that is).  I have stretch interlining for warmth but am unsure about the lining itself.  I cut non-stretch lining pieces as the pattern directed, to the same size as the outer pieces.  Now I know better.  The original lining also ravels if you breathe at it so I've lost much of the seam allowances in places :/

I have some fun silk charmeuse(?) that I'm thinking of lining with instead.  If I cut the lining on the bias will it stretch enough?  The jacket has positive ease, the stretch is for range of motion and comfort.  I've tried looking online for help but my google skills are dull today.  I was thinking of cutting on the bias and adding a back pleat plus a little extra to sleeve width.

ETA: I answered some of my own questions in this post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thanks for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...