April 10, 2011

Sewing, at last

Butterick 4198, interlock knit

Last month I started a hooded sweatshirt mockup and decided to finish it.  It still needs some pieces cut out, and the crazy-shaped hood adjusted.  I'll need to buy a separating zipper too, or something.  The knit selvedge is pretty cool and will use it for the center front edges.



\

Simplicity 4487

And I love madras plaid!  I bought 4 yards of this plaid about as many years ago and really like it.

I have the blouse pattern ready to cut, just want to do a quick tissue fit on my dress form.  I think this'll be a quick, fun project and easy aside from plaid matching (which is more fussy than difficult).  I was ready to cut the fabric last night when my shoulder started to spasm :/




The original plan was to make a shirtdress with this plaid.  I also like this Burda mag dress and was considering sewing it up.  It even has pockets!  Plus the pattern has plaid matching lines :)

BWOF 08-2007-101




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thanks for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...