August 5, 2015

Done with Humira

I saw my rheumatologist last week, and once again we didn't discuss whether Humira was helping.  Instead I'm to make a small tweak to sulfasalazine and wait two more months.  I'm so frustrated with my lack of control: there are so many things I want to do but can't, and too many times someone is gatekeeping my life.

I thought for a couple days and yesterday emailed the doctor to say I'm done with Humira.  It's not helping, it's frustrating, and it's creating a false sense that she's effectively treating me.  I tried it for 10 months.  I'm done taking it, and I'm done pretending that this treatment might be helping.

On the plus side, I finished binding off Tulpenkranz and started a new lace shawl.  Blocking Tulpenkranz is turning out to be a bigger deal than the bind off--I'll have to spend the day at my mom's to accomplish that.  Hopefully before Seattle summer is out I'll have photos to share :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thanks for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...