March 9, 2016

A new sense of pride

Yesterday I finished another Mini Med School series. I attended all six lectures this year, in spite of pain and overwhelming fatigue. We receive certificates at the end, given with the joke that we can frame them. In previous years they had only served as a reminder of how much I've lost to illness so I filed them out of sight. 

But this winter I began to see these certificates with new eyes: I worked tremendously hard to earn them. The merit lies in what I overcame, not in what was achieved.  I refuse to let illness crush me and this is proof.


I will be framing and hanging this year's "diploma" near the others from 2013 and 2015. They demonstrate that the seemingly mundane can be remarkable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thanks for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...