September 10, 2010

Good Body?

A few weeks ago Gertie (New Blog for Better Sewing) posted about positive body image.  She wrote eloquently about respecting and appreciating the body you have.  It's the only one we get, it protects us and takes us through life.  All this is great when you're healthy...

When I only had head pain I was grateful that my body worked well.  Then the muscle pain started and I had a bad body.  A body that some days feels like it's trying to kill me.  My massage therapist says my body is doing its best, trying to cope with fascia's iron grip.  Most days I know that to be true.

Does anyone else have a "bad body" and struggle with their feelings toward it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thanks for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...