September 16, 2010

More Underwear Sewing

(L) Original pattern, (R) Longer crotch
Sorry for poor photo quality.

I had a pair of underwear cut in pink cotton jersey before the crotch length revelation.  So I cut a second pair from the same knit with a longer crotch piece (~4.5cm).  Then I sewed them up to compare.

Conclusion: Add 1-1.5cm to the original crotch length and they should be great!  Also, I've been using two-way stretch fabrics while RTW undies use 4-way stretch.  For best fit use 4-way stretch, or increase the ass of your pattern ;)

Now that I have some new undies I retired some old pair, and one or two will be cut up in the name of research.  Onward and upward!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thanks for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...