April 28, 2012

Her Royal Sockness

A pair of socks for Mother's Day in regal purples:


What's better than new socks and spring out the window?


The stripes match up pretty well.
There wasn't enough of the striped yarn for two socks so I added purple toes, 
and knit the second sock with a purple cuff.  She loves it!


Note my almost-famous sturdy heel ;)

I'm always fascinated by the way striped yarns act based on stitch count.  Sometimes you get stripes, other times you get pooling like the grey blob at bottom right.  Thankfully it doesn't extend across the instep.

1 comment:

  1. Self-striping yarn is totally fascinating to me. Such a clever idea! These socks are very cute, perfect for Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thanks for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...