March 15, 2011

Bad News

My grandfather died yesterday.  I'm a bit of a wreck--OK one minute, crying the next.  I don't know whether I'll be able to make the memorial this weekend, for the usual health/pain reasons.  Moments like this I hate my life more than usual.

I loved my grandpa, and still do, but I didn't know him very well.  I grew up across the country and he had pretty strict gender roles and mostly let my grandma talk.  He was fun and warm and a wonderful man.  The last couple years he had dementia.  I saw him last summer and knew it was goodbye.  He's removed from suffering and with family and friends, and I'm grateful for that.  But he'll be missed, so so much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thanks for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...