May 14, 2011

Pretty Trim Take 2

I've been inspired to make a top reusing embroidered pillowcase trim.  Last spring I'd planned to use the whole pillowcase for a nightie.  Then I realized the white pillowcase was yellowed and, worse, it didn't fit around my ass hips :(

I was reinspired this week by vintage chemises.  There's enough trim to make a square yoke for the blouse front.  A blouse will be sewn under and around the trim from bleached muslin.  I'll take photos tomorrow, when the sun's out.

My other project is tweaking a purchased blouse.  It's made from cotton voile with pintucking and lace insertion.  I love the Edwardian lingerie dresses and this is as close as I'll get in daily life.  The blouse has no waist shaping so I'm going to sew on a back tie.  The short sleeves are a little too puffy for my taste.  Luckily a pleat will solve that and look well with the gathers.

I hope this post whets your appetite for photos and progress rather than causing frustration.  I promise more soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thanks for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...