May 24, 2016

Boring Medical Updates and a Depressing Poem

This body, man. At least I still have my sense of humor.

I had a Benlysta infusion yesterday so hopefully that kicks in soon. It started wearing off last week and now I feel awful. I'm waiting on a gastro referral. I saw the ophthalmologist today and have new stuff to try on the Angry Eyes. She wants to throw hormone therapy at them (testosterone eyeballs!) but the FDA hasn't approved it. So it's antibiotics and steroid drops instead.

I'm taking the rest of the week off from my medical stuff. I need a break.


As promised, a poem:

Why do you think I am well?
Because you don't see joint pain sparking and incandescent behind my eyes.
Because I hide the animal, all tooth and claw, fighting in my abdomen.
Because I smile despite the nails in my jaw,
move against the lead in my blood,
speak through sleepless nights and long lonely days.

Illness petrifies my life but
you see familiar silhouettes and are satisfied.

She is well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thanks for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...